Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Celebrity Chef Sighting

So I was sitting in the Winnipeg Airport yesterday waiting for my flight to Sault Ste. Marie (via Toronto), when I look up, and who do I see but David Adjey of Restaurant Makeover fame getting off a flight from Toronto. Sadly, he walked out of the secure area before I could ask him a question, or to get a picture....or challenge him to a cooking duel!

For those of you who don't know, before being on Food Network's Restaurant Makeover, Adjey worked in some of the top restaurants in the world, was named California's Best New Chef by Frommer's, and also appeared on Iron Chef America, where he tied Iron Chef Michael Symon (Oddly enough, he is the second Canadian chef to tie an Iron Chef on that show!).

I believe he was in Winnipeg for "Centrex", a hospitality industry tradeshow at the Convention Centre.

2 comments:

  1. So you're back in the soo for a while? I'll be there by the 4th. If we can find the time, I want to challenge you to a stovetop showdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for long! I'm leaving again in a couple days! I have to work on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete